Friday, December 11, 2009

A Christmas Quiz

You know about these emails... pass it along!
A Christmas Quiz
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? BOTH
2. Real tree or artificial? Real tree that we get at the last possible minute
3. When do you put up the tree? Dec. 23 or 24
4. When do you take the tree down? After Jan 6 (Epiphany) when the 3 Wise Men arrive
5. Do you like eggnog? I have to fight the kids to get any myself. Dale and I like to spike it with Fra Angelico (Hazelnut liqueur).
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Fancy new coat each year from my godmother.
7. Hardest person to buy for? The ones we mail overseas so they will be light-weight yet meaningful.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Megan, who likes girly things.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, it has wooden figurines handmade in Bethlehem which are only varnished (not painted) so little hands can touch them as much as they want.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail with photo, usually last possible minute
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Holly Hobby Doll when I was “too old.”
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Miracle at Moreaux (children during WWII)
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I keep an idea folder all year long; try to create homemade gifts.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? To another hockey player.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom’s Skillet Cookies and my Cranberry Cake.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, and candle lights in each window.
17. Favorite Christmas song? "O Holy Night" played by my own “Fiddlers Three
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel, and Captain is usually travelling with us.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Yes, it's required for school teachers.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Pi Phi Angel.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve after Mass, then Santa's gifts on Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Anti-Christian holiday wishes
23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color? Jane Austen mini book
24. What do you want for Christmas this year? Sarah Palin's book, and jobs for my unemployed friends
25. Who is most likely to respond? email friends

1 comment:

Mostly-Megan said...

What a wonderful feeling to know I'm easy to shop for! I worry that my subtle hints won't always make it under the tree :)