Thursday, February 11, 2010

Meeting Clint's Future Wife

Meggar and I flew into Charlotte a day early so we could arrange to meet my brother's fiancé, Kathryn, for the first time. Dr. Clint has been a bachelor into his mid-30s, and it seems that Kathryn was worth the wait. She is a charming lady teaching at a Catholic school and leading missions work. Her intelligence and warmth won us over. We talked for hours at "Old Stone Steakhouse." I must comment on the wonderful flavor of the house salad dressing--Rosemary Ranch (can I make that?). The Lump Crab Cake came sitting on a bed of shredded Jicama, which went so well with my glass of Pinot Grigio. Meggar was in garlic heaven with her Shrimp Fettucini, and Kathryn said her Steak and Avacado Salad was also very good. Food and friends go great together.

No comments: