Saturday, January 14, 2012

Serving at the Soup Kitchen

"I've never made brownies from a box mix," will usually mean that a homeschooler only follows homemade recipes. But in this instance, it was a boy who had never cooked before. Later his brother said, "I don't know how to wash dishes. I never have." He had brownie batter all over his cheeks, lips, and chin from the beaters so I elected him to be the first dish-washer in hopes some of the water would splash on his face.
Later I heard: "I don't want to be around the people who smell."  SO... it was a good learning experience all the way around. We cooked hamburger for the sauce, sweetened green beans, garlic bread, cupcakes, and brownies.
The Catholic homeschool group served spaghetti and fiddle tunes to about 50 people at the Southside Food Kitchen last night.

No comments: