Sunday, November 27, 2011

Like a Sister

Meggar spent extra time with Dorito while she was home all week. And Hannah spent extra time with us, too. She is like a sister! The boys tease and hug her like a sister. Winger even talked back to me in front of Hannah! She gives them advice about life and jokes about their hair and "girlfriends." She went to mass with us this morning and stayed for Sunday dinner. Then we all helped pack up Meggar for going back to college. I'm always a little sentimental over departures. But every time Meggar comes home, I am grateful to learn more bits and pieces of her experiences, attitudes, and opinions. We are proud of that girl, who grows more mature every month. Why does that surprise me? Some days I think mothering will never end. Some days I appreciate that God invented time--so everything doesn't happen at once. Meggar and I don't agree on everything--she likes to tell me that I argue too much with Dad, spoil the boys, and don't give her enough spending money. But there is love, shopping, baking, and time to talk out everything eventually. It was a good Thanksgiving break.

No comments: