Saturday, April 14, 2012

AGD Host Mom's Weekend


How nice to see Patty, from my own sorority pledge class, with her daughter Emma!
About 40-some AGDs took their moms to Steve's Garden Deli for supper last night. What a great turnout! They have great sandwiches, soups, and desserts. And they donated 10% back to the AGD philanthropy. Meggar and I shared the carrot cake (full of raisins, walnuts, and coconut). Then we played 12 rounds of Bunco, until it got so noisy that we couldn't stand it. It was nice to rotate tables and meet all the other moms. Later, about a dozen girls persuaded their moms to go to a frat party. (We knew it would elevate our "cool staus" by 100 points). But I am not really a night owl, so I only lasted until 11:30 pm.
Then today even more showed up for a potluck picnic at Thousand Hills Lake, and a serenade from the "True-Men" choir. I hung out with Meggar in the Chapter room watching TV and talking until the threat of approaching storms sent me back on the road before dark. What a weekend with my girl--while the boys were away at hockey try-outs! (Guess who designed the cute shirts?!)

1 comment:

Lesa said...

What a lovely weekend! Makes me miss you both all the more...so glad you were able to be together and enjoy the weekend!