Monday, April 16, 2012

Spring Cleaning

Last year I didn't do ANY spring cleaning. The basement was full of water and the repair men were making a mess outside and inside so that I just tried not to look. I would love to post a photo of the 12-foot-deep trench dug around our basement at a cost of $18,000, or the piles of dirt after the drain pipes and rock were installed. But my camera "crashed" and all of last year's photos were erased from the memory card.
This spring, however, I am more motivated to put things right. Cleaning, purging clothes to younger families, sorting trophies and other such clutter. Plus, Captain repainted the basement by matching the original yellow color. How nice to cover up the sheetrock repairs and the greasy hand marks of young boys!

1 comment:

Lesa said...

I'm inspired! Love the picture of the handsome young men in the entry. Seems they all grow so fast and I'm glad to see snipets of daily life from others. Purge! Purge! Less things now mean less cleaning later!