Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Catholic Twitter Messages

I like having a few Twitter messages come to my phone as a text, for instance: the daily Jane Austen quote, C.S. Lewis quote, and witty remarks from friends (like Meggar and Dorito). I also just subscribed to the Fulton Sheen quote of the day:
"The antiphon of th Empty Tomb was striking on the chords of your heart. It was not you who died; it was sin. It was not Christ who died; it was death." (The Eternal Galilean) Very inspiring.
Tuesday is also our holy hour at the Adoration Chapel, and we are joining the Divine Mercy novena this week leading up to Divine Mercy Sunday on the octave of Easter.
The quiet hour also gives me a chance to read some Catholic authors. Among others, I have been tackling "The Interior Castle" by St. Teresa of Avila. In the Fourth Mansion, she talks about worries and disturbing thoughts. "...the result cannot but be very painful, indeed almost unbearable," she says. "If you would progress a long way on this road and ascend to the Mansions of your desire, the important thing is not to think much, but to love much; do, then, whatever most arouses you to love."
This blew me away. I don't know if it can change my life, but I am trying to be mentally healthier. I am a deep thinker and often I become overly analytical when I'm worried. Plus my sense of duty (as a wife and homeschool mother) builds upon my sense of loyalty (caused by frequent moves during my childhood)--causing me to think I need to DO MORE in order to be loved. To be loved by God. To be loved by family and friends. There is the painful point of my existence, as I try to cope with a seemingly hopeless low-thyroid body and brain.
The message of Divine Mercy is "Jesus, I Trust in Thee!"

1 comment:

Lesa said...

You are lovely. You are enough. You have all of the talents, gifts, and abilities you need to complete the mission God has planned for your life. Do all the things which compel you to love the most. I know my life is better because you are in it. Blessings to you, my friend.