Wednesday, November 27, 2013

A Thanksgiving Feast

 I am a good cook, if I do say so myself! Right on schedule, we gathered for prayers and toasts in the dining room. I admired my antique table, sparkling china (surprise gift from Captain a decade ago), and mostly my children! Tomorrow is the "real" Thanksgiving, but I wanted to do my own dinner so we could have a relaxing day with each person's favorites:
Meggar--sweet potatoes (with pecans),
Dorito--scalloped onions plus my organic pumpkin pie (with no whipped cream),
Polar Bear--chocolate cream pie with graham cracker crust (with whipped cream),
Winger--whole wheat butterhorn rolls (with honey),
Captain--oyster stuffing (with lots of gravy),
Wife--cranberry fluff salad, parsnips, brussel sprouts, and bread-and-butter pickles.

No comments: