Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Title-Blending Meme

Winger will like the very last submission. I sent out this challenge to some literary friends and so far I only have one that I can offer which came in quickly as a reply -- enjoy these, and add to the list!
My Own Creations:
The Fox and the Hound of Baskervilles by Arthur Conan Mannix
Common Sense and Sensibility by Thomas Paine Austen

Aunt Jean's:
Gone With the Wind in the Willows by Margaret Grahame
Of Mice and Men of Iron by John Pyle

This word-game started at Literary Compass (in 2007) who said:
"I've never started a meme before, but I've always wanted to (Well, maybe not always, but at least since last Thursday. Anyway...) Here are the rules:

Blend two book titles together by using the last word of one title and the first word of the second title. If you want, you can blend the authors' names too. Like this:
• The Divine Comedy of Errors by Dante Shakespeare
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince of Tides by J.K. Conroy
The Canterbury Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing by Geoffrey Blume
The Screwtape Letters to a Young Poet by C.S. Rilke

and of course,
The Last Don Quixote by Mario de Cervantes.
Now it's your turn."
First, it was happily discovered when I was reading back in Alicia von Hecke's blog (2012):

For some reason this old title-blending meme came up in conversation today, and I thought it was funny enough to repost five years later. Besides we have a few more to add
To Kill a Mockingjay 
The Swiss Family Robinson Crusoe 
The Invisible Manalive 

I got tagged by Nick over at Literary Compass to do his brand-new Title-Blending Meme (what fun!).
Our first one was sort of cheating 
Christopher Robin Hood
because it's one Ria "accidentally" made up when she was two or three years old (but honestly, I don't think I could come up with anything better myself).

Here are mine:
The Evidential Power of Beauty and the Beast
The King of Ireland's Son of Charlemagne
String, Straightedge and Shadow of the Bear
In Defense of Philosophy for Dummies
The Dangerous Book for Boys and Girls of Colonial Days
The Boxcar Children of Hurin
The Man Who Knew Too Much Ado About Nothing
Here are some from my son, Gus:
The Everlasting Man Who Was Thursday
The Babe Ruth Story of the Greeks
The Story of the First World War II for Kids (with help from Ria)
Centerburg Tales of the Greek Heroes
Blaze and the Mountain Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
I Am David and Goliath 

1 comment:

Candise and Crew said...

Aunt Jean added:
I saw it on Mulberry Streetcar named Desire
by Dr Seuss Williams