Tuesday, December 7, 2010

The Sorority Girl in Me

Getting your sorority letters is a big deal.  And so is the Winter Formal.  Meggar helped decorate last weekend, and said she had fun at the dance with Andrew F. on her double-date with Erin and Mr. Self.  No photos of them--but--here's a good photo of new AGDs on Initiation Day back in November!  I guess I never posted the pictures because that was the night Dorito went to the E.R.  Early that morning, I rode over to Kirksville for the Roses Luncheon with Patty (from my own pledge class of Pi Beta Phi in 1986).  We had so much fun trying to remember all the girls and secrets from college. Today, the AGD pledges wore white for their ceremony, and recited their purpose before our meal.
To gain understanding that wisdom may be vouchsafed to me.
To develop and prize health and vigor of body.
To cultivate acquaintance with many whom I meet.
To cherish friendships with but a chosen few and to study the perfecting of those friendships.
To welcome the opportunity of contributing to the world's work in the community where I am placed because of the joy of service thereby bestowed and the talent of leadership multiplied.
To honor my home, my country, my religious faith.
To hold truth inviolable, sincerity essential, kindness invaluable.
To covet beauty in environment, manner, word, and thought.
To possess high ideals and to attain somewhat unto them.
This shall be my purpose that those who know me may esteem Alpha Gamma Delta for her attainments, revere her for her purposes, and love her for her Womanhood.

No comments: