Thursday, October 18, 2012

Who is Radical?

Alison sent me this "National Review" article, which is likely in the issue on my coffee table.... and Dorito wrote his Sociology paper on "labeling homeschoolers" so this has been on my mind lately. Largely, I tend to ignore labels as I'm too busy Occupying my Schoolroom with three high schoolers :-) I'm having fun being intellectual and moral, and my kids don't realize how far from the mainstream we are (sometimes). Good stuff
There is exactly one authentically radical social movement of any real significance in the United States, and it is not Occupy, the Tea Party, or the Ron Paul faction. It is homeschoolers, who, by the simple act of instructing their children at home, pose an intellectual, moral, and political challenge to the government-monopoly schools, which are one of our most fundamental institutions and one of our most dysfunctional. more...

No comments: