Wednesday, April 1, 2009

April Fools

This year, I didn't cook my usual April Fool's breakfast of meatloaf and mashed potatoes because Winger was throwing up. It was also a gloomy and blustery day outside. Needless to say, no one in the family played any tricks all day.

But I cannot resist a comment on Obama's nomination for Secretary of Health and Human Services Kathleen Sebelius. (She's fair game because I lived more years in Kansas than I have in Missouri.) She is the sixth appointee who was found to have made unintentional mistakes on their taxes. She explained the goof saying she deducted mortgage interest for a house she sold in 2006, and for deducting the interest of a similar second mortgage. No Fooling!?!

1 comment:

Candise and Crew said...

Another nominee in trouble for taxes... looks like Obama should hire a full time tax attorney, he might keep quite busy during the current admistration.
- Dale