Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Notre Dame Scandal

It is a scandal -- in every sense of the word. I've been following the events at Notre Dame closely as we know Patrick-the-eldest-Henebry who graduates in May. Patrick's mom decided she loved her son more than her distaste for the ceremony planned by Father John Jenkins. I am praying for their trip and wondering how it will turn out in the end? It's not that I blame Obama for everything that has gone wrong in his first 100 days, but I certainly don't have trouble saying he has already lived up to his label as the "most radically pro-abortion and anti-life president in the history of our nation. " For him to be invited to speak at Notre Dame's commencement and receive an honorary law degree is scandalous. It's a good Catholic word, so I'm going to use it. It doesn't reflect on Patrick or the Henebry family or the pro-life protesters. I suspect lots of letters will be written to ND by faithful bishops and the faithful alike.

No comments: