Today, we made Tailgate food with the boys in cooking class. And everyone learned how to wash and dry dishes at the end. Funny how fast the "junk" food can disappear!
Chili Dog Nachos
1 lb. hamburger
1 small onion, chopped
1 T. oil
2 hog dogs or polish franks, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
1 can (8-oz.) tomato sauce
2 t. Worcestershire sauce
2 T. chili powder
2 t. ground cumin
1 bag corn tortilla chips
10 oz. shredded Cheddar cheese
½ c. sour cream
½ c. salsa
1. Brown hamburger and onion in oil; add salt & pepper.
2. Add chopped hot dogs, tomato sauce, and three spices. Simmer 5 more minutes.
4. Arrange bag of chips in casserole dish.
5. Spread with chili dog topping and sprinkle with cheese.
6. Broil for 2 minutes until cheese is melted.
7. Garnish with sour cream and salsa.
From “Everyday with Rachel Ray”