Saturday, August 21, 2010

Leaving for College Today

Meggar's got a fever so she went back to bed while I finished loading both cars.  The boys were sweet with lots of hugs.  I asked Becca to drive one car so Megan could rest.  I was surprisingly teary-eyed the whole way there!  I didn't cry at graduation, so why am I crying now?  She has made a good decision and there's every reason to be calm and proud.  But I'm weepy. 

Campus was swarming; we met the suite mates, and got everything moved in--except the fridge.  (We decided their suite doesn't need three of them.)  Saying "Good-bye" was harder than I expected--I am going to miss the other girl in this family.  I held it together until my car was pulling away.  Then it hit me.  I have to drive away?!  Lots of tears on the way home.  There's a hole inside of me. 

No comments: