Thursday, March 17, 2011

It's More Than Reubens

St. Patrick's Day is always about the reuben sandwiches for us.  Some of my kids like sauerkraut and some like Thousand Island Dressing, but everyone loves the grilled rye bread with corned beef brisket in between!  I wonder if Meggar got one at the college cafe?  Captain will be grateful to eat one on Sunday when he's back home.  My second treat today was cleaning up a leaking foundation wall in the basement (again).  My third treat was when Jessica made me Irish coffee with whipped cream!  Lastly, I hosted three book club gals for "The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency" movie.  My friend, Ana, has suggested it before, and I usually read the book first, but the long week called for a change in my rules.  NICE!

1 comment:

Ana Braga-Henebry said...

I loved the movie! But the books are so wonderful and you will surely love them!