Monday, March 7, 2011

New Desk for Dorito's Long Legs

Dorito often stands while doing math (I don't know why except it seems to be genetic with Schmidling students).  But now I find him squirming and rearranging his body all the time.  I first thought it was from his concussion headaches (caused by sitting too long).  Then I realized that the desk was too small underneath!  This year, he had been promoted to Meggar's homeschool desk in the adjoining room.  It is more quiet there and hopefully that bit of privacy also supports the oldest child in working independently.  But whenever I went in to check on Dorito, he was knocking things off the edge of the desk.  That is partly caused by his ambidextrous use of both hands.  But then it dawned on me that he didn't have enough leg room (he is at least six inches taller than Meg) and couldn't scoot his chair up close enough.  And it wasn't helping his posture to do school work in his lap nor while standing and leaning over the desk.  New desk.  Looks like an executive.  Captain said he was jealous.

No comments: