Monday, October 10, 2011

Price Points

I just want to report that in my shopping for "Sweet Stix," I compared Hy-Vee with Sam's Club and Wal-mart. Although my philosophy is not to shop at Wal-mart, I wanted to investigate ahead of time because this was going to be a fundraiser for my Boy Scout. Also I am consistently "told" that I will find huge price differences because Hy-Vee is too fancy or upscale. For the past several years, I have loved and supported  Hy-Vee because it is employee owned, it is clean, it is always well stocked, and the staff are actually friendly and volunteer in our community. (Secretly, I acknowledged that I was probably paying slightly higher prices for this luxury.) WRONG! Hy-Vee was cheaper on apples, caramel dip, graham crackers, marshmallows, and chocolate coating. The only thing I had to buy at Sam's Club was the plastic nacho trays, because Hy-Vee doesn't stock that item.

No comments: