Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pro-Life Forum for 19 Years

It wasn't my idea originally, but I did help Courtney when she started up the 8th Grade Pro-life Forum for KCK diocese in 1992. Meggar was an infant as we printed and stuffed the first folders for each student with pro-life stickers, fact sheets, and bookmarks. Then I attended with Meggar when she was an 8th grader (2006), and Captain attended with Dorito when he was an 8th grader (2009).  This year, we both attended with the twins for their 8th grade year. I was so pleased to hear the lobbyist, priest, and adoptive couple tell of their joys and successes. We also heard from two women and a man who regret their abortion involvement, as well as some facts about STDs.  Best of all was the questions and discussion afterward on our way home.  No, the best part was this story -- from the adoptive father about their 4-year-old coming back to the pew after the communion line. "Daddy, can I smell your breath?" (He's wondering about this request, but complies, and then asks, "Why?") "I wanted to see what Jesus smells like."

No comments: