Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sleeping In

Sometimes I like to post about what thoughts are rumbling around in my head. Sleep is on my mind. Surprisingly, Meggar did not sleep in a single day of her fall break last weekend. She got up at a regular time all four days! One day, she met Captain at the airport for breakfast. Next day, she was up for Zumba and walking on the Parkway with Hannah. Of course, it was easy to wake up early on Saturday to go shopping in KC. We also went to early mass on Sunday so we could be at the fabric store and start sewing her Halloween costume: Taco Bell sauce packet (yellow). I concluded that Meggar is keeping herself more organized this year compared to her freshman year. They do grow up and mature (!) in small steps.
For myself, this year has been a consistently early start since I wake up early with Dorito to make him breakfast and juice and dispense his vitamins and meds before he leaves at 7:30 am. No exceptions. No time for afternoon naps. Late night hockey practices two days in a row. So I went back to bed yesterday and slept another hour--Shew!

No comments: