Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Trivia Night for Adults

After all the studying with the high school scholar bowl team, I decided to enter the Trivia Contest at Missouri Western State University with my adult friends.  All of them are intelligent and well read, but as these things go--the questions were mostly movie-related. I'm not into pop culture at the trivial level (and that's a good play on words in more ways than one), but we scored 44 out of 60 correct. And we had fun giving each other better questions between rounds. For instance, I knew that "Miracle on Ice" was made about the 1980 Olympic hockey team. But they did not ask (and I knew this answer) that Dion DiMucci who wrote "Runaround Sue" and "The Wanderer" had flipped a coin for a seat on Buddy Holly's fated plane ride and lost (or won, rather) and was recently interviewed about his return to his Catholic roots.

No comments: