Friday, February 1, 2013

Fruits of the Spirit - 3

Confirmation Prep #3 = Peace
      John 14:27   "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid."
Blessed Pope John Paul II was frequently saying "Be Not Afraid." And there is a beautiful hymn by the same title which I find comforting in times of trouble. The Bible actually mentions "Be Not Afraid" exactly 365 times--enough for one phrase to comfort us every day of the year! As a teenager, there are uncertainties and many changes occurring. I recommend holding on to the peace of Christ as you navigate your way through high school and on to college.
    I always try to remember what Fr. Matt told me: Prayer is not just when you kneel and say a rosary. Prayer is any activity that brings us closer to God by letting us feel peace and joy. Now, that does not mean that time set aside for talking to God is not important because it is, but I think what he was saying is that God wants us to find happiness in our everyday lives. --Spencer

No comments: