Sunday, December 15, 2013

Gaudette Sunday

The third Sunday of Advent, and we are supposed to Rejoice that Christmas is coming so near.
I rejoiced in playing Advent hymns on the organ... The twins rejoiced in the missionary priest who gave the homily... But the underlying stress of an unemployed Dad is difficult for our whole family. We are limiting our Christmas shopping, but I tried to make up for that with joyfilled time spent setting out decorations--an extra few days at home helped us squeeze in some more family traditions. We hung the stockings, set up the Nativity scenes, and strung lights on the tree. We are waiting for the Christ Child... and for the Lord to show us the way. While I talk to Captain every day, I also field emotional phone calls from two college students and try to keep myself and the students at home buoyed up during their studies. Everything is (mostly) as it should be.

No comments: