Wednesday, July 9, 2008

See a Penny, Pick It Up And...

...All day long, you'll have good luck!
I've been able to find a penny on the ground at least once a week for the past year or so (i.e. "extra lucky"). Other Schmidling stories about pennies:

1. We *always* give the kids pennies to throw in a fountain, which are usually collected for charitable causes;

2. I *never* hold coins in my teeth when my hands are full (UGH! imagine where that money's been?!?)

3. The kids are surprised how many pennies I've actually found, and I remind them that great scientists all paid attention and kept their eyes open!

4. We sort through the Captain's change jar and collect pennies that are from our birth year or more than 40 years old. Once, we found a wheat cent still in circulation.

5. The Congress just passed a resolution that pennies could be made of steel in the future (the cost of copper is more than the coin is worth).

6. It's not technically a "penny" in this country. It's a cent, one-hundredth of a dollar. Now, where is your piggy bank?

No comments: