Saturday, August 25, 2012

Downsizing

I worked diligently on the high school transcript for Dorito this weekend. To start with, you must understand the source of paperwork. Over the years, I have saved every single piece of paper from homeschooling. Day by day, I shove it into a file folder with the child's name. At the end of May, I cram the four folders into a box that's labeled for that year. Since I have been homeschooling for 15 years, there could be 15 boxes in my attic. But once Meggar entered high school, I had to do a better job of sorting and storing my records. So I first collected the grade school years and compiled one box for each child that contained all their folders from K-8! That was a huge step of progress, made about four years ago, but I've done nothing since then. I was looking for some 8th grade math for Dorito (Algebra I is done a year early in our family) and couldn't find it where I suspected it to be. So I went up to the attic and stumbled upon one stray box from 2004. Plus I found another box full of artwork from all my children (lovely reminisces). These were duly sorted and I can move on to the 9th, 10th, and 11th grade papers..............

1 comment:

Linda said...

I'm so glad that my current homeschool curriculum keeps records for me but I do see that in a couple of years, I will need to keep a different type of record when my daughter goes to high school. I've already tried to figure out how we will homeschool high school, and am traveling the internet in search of others who are doing it successfully. I found a great site called LetsHomeschoolHighSchool.com that seems to have a lot of information for parents and students. I am going to add your blog to my list also, you seem to be rocking right along. Thanks for the inspiration!