Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Old Webster House

Constance told me about this beautiful restaurant more than a year ago. I didn't realize that I had been there before... until we drove up. The building used to be a school in 1881, and I had been there when it was an art gallery in 1990. Today, it is owned by Mrs. Helzburg and offers gourmet dining right next to the KC Symphony's new performing arts center.
There is also a good number of antiques for sale throughout the three stories. But most importantly, we enjoyed a good meal with the Gosselins: one who is a pilot and one who is a homeschool mom. (We have a few things in common.) I had the lamb kebab on cous cous, while Captain ate a rib eye with bleu cheese butter on top. The peach cobbler was big enough to share, and the coffee was a special blend from The Roasterie. The Groupon I had purchased took care of a nice bottle of red wine. Such a delightful dinner.

No comments: