Friday, August 3, 2012

Impromptu Breakfast

I told Captain that I was making breakfast for Lesa and the girls. He was surprised since they had moved to Detroit in April and came back for a house-selling visit at Fourth of July. But he is out-of-town on an 8-day trip and hadn't heard the news. Lesa was back in St. Joe to assist her mom with recovery from heart surgery. She needed a break, and I knew my house would be quiet in the morning:  boys who stay up too late working on Mic-o-say costumes tend to sleep in -- plus -- Meggar likes to sleep in on her Fridays off. Lesa brought coffee cake. I made scones, hashbrowns, eggs, and tea. Lots of tea.

1 comment:

Lesa said...

And it was just the break I needed. I pray I can return the favor this fall. Either in person or care package. I'm hoping to visit the area you'll be near soon and send some tantalizing info...

Nothing consoles a weary mind as a cup of tea shared with a dear friend. Next time I hope to visit with Captain too!

Lesa ;)