Monday, August 20, 2012

First Day of High School

The two freshmen didn't want to get up early, but they did anyway. They were not greeted with name tags and straightened desks in the school room -- like I have done in the past. They saw piles of mess: paperwork, vacation photos, sewing projects, etc. Cheerfully I helped them clear a spot, and we tackled Saxon Geometry and ignored our imperfect surroundings. Not bad on Lesson 1, so we progressed into Homer's Iliad. (I love the maps and characters in the first book.) Not bad either. So we pressed on with Physical Science. Now that was fun! We used the interactive CD and completed the first experiment by making copper hydrocarbonate in less than 10 minutes. You may not be able to see the bubbles in my photo, but the copper wire was turning green right away! After bacon sandwiches for lunch, I helped Dorito with his practice ACT test for two hours. My brain is a bit tired, and we didn't even dig out the Henle Latin or "The Hobbit" yet. See why I was looking forward to 9th grade for the third time?

No comments: