Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Beat Goes On

Muriel told me she has been to eight fiddle performances at the Living Communities. She has lived at the assisted living/nursing home since it opened, and we have played there many times over the past five years! How wonderful to see her every time, and there is always a large crowd of 40-50 at this Catholic residence home. The boys seemed more talkative than ever between songs (especially Dorito): telling the history of the fiddle music or their own stories about music in the life of a teenager. I was so proud that I treated them to milkshakes at Sonic afterward (half price after 8:30 pm even).
I heard another story about piano accompanists being in high demand. Mrs. Weeks has been hired at a local high school  to accompany the new choir teacher twice a week for "top dollar." I am pleased and just continue to repeat my mantras: "Real music is better than recorded music."and "Keep taking lessons as there are not enough pianists/musicians to support the culture for the next generation."

No comments: