Tuesday, October 26, 2010
Cooking Class Makes Halloween Treats
2 T. water
1 t. vanilla
1 1/2 c. flour
Pinch of salt
2" Pretzel sticks (short rod size)
1. Beat together butter, brown sugar, water, and vanilla with mixer on medium speed.
2. Add flour and salt and stir to mix well.
3. Shape balls of dough into small rectangles, and press into end of 2" pretzel stick (short rod size).
4. Flatten and lengthen dough slightly with fingers, then press with a fork to create broom bristles.
5. Bake on greased cookie sheet at 350’ F for 5-7 minutes; cool on wire rack.
*Tip: Removing from pan carefully, you don't want to separate broom from handle
Drizzle chocolate along top of broom cookie or decorate with frosting and sprinkles!