Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Fruits of the Holy Spirit - 2

(Confirmation Prep #2) 
JOY
Psalm 28:7 “The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for JOY and I will give thanks to him in song.”
We have so many joyful times together especially when we choose to love one another. I know that God has a special family planned for each of you to love. (And it is worth saving yourself for marriage.) I think you will agree that the happiest times in our family are when Dad is joking with us.  He has taught me to have a good sense of humor. At first (27 years ago), I thought he was teasing me, and it almost hurt my feelings. But then I saw that he was loving me and sharing his love in funny comments and jests. Joy for me is defined by the memories of laughing and giggling and chuckling and smiling!! These are the best parts of our family times together. Open your heart to see how God wants to bring JOY into your life.
Some of the most joyful people are the ones who have suffered a lot.  They have accepted or embraced their suffering or difficulties.  Mother Teresa lived joy even though she did not feel God’s presence for a long time.
--Uncle Clint

No comments: