Sunday, September 29, 2013

A Referee Advances

Dorito is ready for Level 4 USA Hockey referee certification. This is the highest you can go. There are not many Level 4 referees, and there are not many clinics where you can complete the assessment. Unfortunately, he missed the only one held in Kansas City because his car broke down. So Captain signed him up for one in Wisconsin. Yes, that is the closest destination which is not being held the same day as a home K-State football game (Dorito has priorities!). So, we made a beautiful drive north to Madison, and I am enjoying a book on tape from my literary friend, Constance. The connection here is that the story is written with a 15-year-old autistic boy as the narrator. He is just like my friend, Eli! (I'm so glad that I get the humor.) And in the story, Christopher is trying to relate to Sherlock Holmes in "The Hound of the Baskervilles." Brenda might or might not like this story! But I am still on my Sherlock-kick, and this is a great way to pass the time while driving.

No comments: