Saturday, September 7, 2013

Power Cookies

I began a new (volunteer) job of feeding the U16 American team. There is a budget for it, so I try to get the healthiest choices for the least money during practice and game weekends. Tonight I picked up carry-out chicken alfredo with peas, bread, and Caesar salad for 19 players, and we ate this tailgate-picnic in the parking lot.  Then after the late practice, each boy received two cartons of chocolate milk and two power cookies, which I had made at home. You gotta love protein after a hard work-out! (recipe from Coach Jennings' wife)
Chocolate Chip Power Cookies
1 c. peanut butter
1 large egg
1 egg yolk
2 T. applesauce
1/4 c. protein powder (I used chocolate)
1 c. oatmeal
1/2 c. sugar
1/8 t. salt
1 t. baking soda
1/4-1/3 c. mini chocolate chips
Bake 8-10 minutes on greased cookie sheet at 350' F.
(small cookie has 7 grams protein; large cookie has 14 grams of protein)

No comments: