Saturday, April 16, 2011

5 Minute Fridays

I like to  read the blogs of other Catholic/homeschooling moms.  It makes me feel connected to "friends" even if they are electronic-acquaintances only.  Today, I found one who offers a writing challenge on Fridays to write on the topic she proposes for just five minutes and then post it.  Since I didn't have five minutes yesterday (nor most days) I am linking here to one that reads very similar to my own life with Captain.  I'd say "the Devil is in the Distance" even though it sounds so cliche.  We love each other as much as ever, and we communicate better and better -- maybe because we get more and more practice.  Fortunately, after 21 years of experience/practice, I revel in the free texting and free weekend minutes on cell phones.  It's a far cry from the old days when I had to wait until he reached his hotel and called me with his calling card.

No comments: