Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Slowing Down

Two more family members fell to the flu bug today.  The twins are going to stay in bed and drink plenty of fluids so they can recuperate faster than Captain has.  These slower days are a blessing to me, if I can keep the right perspective.  Usually I am a super-organized homeschooling mom and thrive on the accomplishments of each subject, every day, week in and week out.  Instead, we focused on finishing up our read aloud and writing a few thank you notes, which left me plenty of time to expand the Murder Mystery for our upcoming Prom.  I'm taking the librarian's copy with its five characters and elaborating on it.  My new scheme features 31 roles (12 are jurors) and the death of a Country Club waiter named Handsome Jack Sparrow, investigated by Judge Perry Mason (a play on word for Senior Matthew Mason who gets the judge's gown and gavel).  My writing skills from journalism school are becoming useful in ways I never imagined!

No comments: