Wednesday, June 27, 2012

That Woman in the Bible

More and more, I have in recent years identified myself with the woman with the hemorrhage from  Luke 8:5 -- "And there was a woman who had suffered from a hemorrhage for twelve years, and though she had spent all her living on physicians, she could not be healed by anyone." I wouldn't say I've spent all my money on physicians, nor have I bled constantly these 14 years since the twins were born. But the months when I have heavy bleeding take their toll. It is embarrassing for me to be out of control (she must have also had "accidents" among her friends and townsfolk), exhausting to deal with (I am grateful that my anemia can be solved with diligence and iron supplements), and at times it is mentally painful (like all human illness, which gives me immense sympathy for those who are more sick than I am). All I can do is offer up my sufferings today for the Fortnight for Freedom.

No comments: