Friday, June 8, 2012

Big and Small Connections

I planned a field trip for myself today: the opening of a new exhibit at our local art gallery. AKMA always hosts a nice kick-off for the artist to meet the community, plus a cash bar and free hors d'oeuvres. Angela went with me, and we fondly recalled the Flapper Party at this museum when we first began our friendship. Tonight's exhibition is a jointly-created book and CD: photographs by Megan Wyeth (who I knew was local) and world-renowned guitarist Anthony Glise (who I just discovered was Wyeth's local classmate). His antique guitars were captured by her lens -- then creatively formatted alongside his poetry  with original songs, too. We loved his performance of two songs and poems on the stage, and afterwards we wandered around to see several of her photographs hanging on display here for the next several weeks. 
We bumped into my artsy friends, and Angela was surprised to bump into her dad's musical friends! After complimenting Angela's late father, Anthony gave me suggestions for places for Dorito to visit while in Vienna.

No comments: