Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Sherlock Holmes Continues

I really enjoyed myself when book club selected Sherlock Holmes and "The Hound of Baskerville" for our March meeting. I was keen to continue with these mysteries, so I have begun "The Sign of the Four" for our family's read aloud time.
We try to do reading after lunch during the school year, but for the summer we are scheduling it only on Monday afternoons and inviting Eli to join us. Eli is from our Scout troop, was homeshooled, and has some special needs. But he has become our friend in a short time! He likes puzzles, is good at spelling, and sometimes talks a little louder than necessary. But he is good with irony and humor. Plus he knows the history of some things even before we complete the Google search.
I also try to do an enrichment project like cooking, art, music, or a science experiement each Monday. Even I can't wait to find out where the "buried treasure" was hidden, whodunnit, and then watch the movie! Don't tell them how much they are learning--or that it is just like book club.

No comments: