Sunday, July 7, 2013

Shakespeare in the Park

It was closing night for "As You Like It" and the summer season of Free Will in KC. I met Robin there for her birthday. We also bumped into Amy, who was by herself, so she joined us for a potluck picnic! Robin made delectable egg salad and had sourdough bread, butter lettuce, sliced cucumber, and avacado for toppings. She also brought cherries and wine. Remember: Life is a bowl of cherries! I brought broccoli salad, watermelon wedges, cheese and crackers, and blueberry iced tea. Amy shared crab ragoons and lively conversation. For dessert, there was iced coffee and chocolate hazelnut cookies from Trader Joe's.
The play was very entertaining: made even funnier with groovy costumes, cigarettes, and 60s culture (for a twist).
"I can suck melancholy out of a song as a weasle sucks eggs. More, I prithee, more."
The weather was fabulous: breezy enough to ward off bugs and stickiness. The evening went late but I'm so glad to continue my summer tradition. And I'm all ready for this month's book club!

No comments: