Friday, July 12, 2013

Whole-hearted Approach

When I was a young mom and just starting to homeschool, I chose a fully-literature-based curriculum because it fit my personality and my style of mothering. It was definitely intentional. One of those early curriculum writers that I loved was Sally Clarkson, whose company is even named Whole Heart Ministries. Through the years, I have read and embraced most of Sally's books starting with "Educating the Whole Hearted Child." Imagine my surprise at the readings during today's morning mass. There was that word: wholehearted. The Responsorial Psalm told me that I can trust in Lord to be sheltered and fed (even in times of distress). I can rely on Him for salvation. The Lord will help us and deliver us from the wicked. The Lord will watch over the lives of the wholehearted. Halleluia!

Psalms 37 (36): 3-4, 18-19, 27-28, 39-40 ~ 
  
Trust in the Lord and do good, 
that you may dwell in the land and be fed in security. 
Take delight in the Lord, 
and he will grant you your heart's requests. 

The Lord watches over the lives of the wholehearted; 
their inheritance lasts forever. 
They are not put to shame in an evil time; 
In days of famine they have plenty. 

Turn from evil and do good, 
that you may abide forever;
For the Lord loves what is right, 
And forsakes not his faithful ones. 

The salvation of the just is from the Lord; 
He is their refuge in time of distress. 
And the Lord helps them and delivers them;  
he delivers them from the wicked and saves them,  
because they take refuge in him. 


No comments: