Saturday, July 10, 2010

Bridesmaid Revisited

I met Robin, as I do most every year around this time, to celebrate her birthday in Kansas City at a fancy spot for coffee. She and I pick up talking right where we left off, or as if we never left off. She is creative (a freelancer with her journalism degree from K-State) and stylish (where does she find those shoes and vintage handbags?) and thoughtful (loads up my book shelf with good literature). Such a delightful time spent reminiscing about our own college days on the cusp of sending my firstborn off to university. Robin and I have been friends since the moment we met, and loyal through thick and thin. Today, she and I landed at the Roasterie Cafe in Brookside. Gotta love any place which wallpapers a jetliner behind the counter! I admire the story of their coffee company, and Captain was hoping to get more of their special blend made for Cafe Provence. Couldn't find it there nor at Costentino's Market either. But I took a relaxing stroll passed all the sidewalk sales to get to the Market.

No comments: