Monday, July 5, 2010

Zero for Zero

We don't drink pop at our house, but when we travel to family picnics and such like there is the inevitable discussion with our kids. They think anything with "Zero" in the name sounds cool. I hate that Nutra-Sweet is so cleverly marketed and well disguised in the fine print nowadays. I can remember when it was first invented, and I'm not that old. But it's terrible stuff. Zero nutritional benefits and actually a whole lot of negative side effects to Nutra-Sweet. Parents shouldn't be blind to it. The rotten stuff is also in the new Kool-Aid drinks and lemonade-to-go pouches. So convenient looking. But I say "No" time and time again. Of course, I say "No" to pop all the time. It's bad for your teeth and bad for your bones, and it's creating obesity problems for two or three generations of Americans and spreading in popularity among other countries. Plus it's expensive... Think before you drink.

No comments: