Thursday, July 29, 2010

Pro-Life Letter to the Editor

Schaaf Is Not Pro-Life Enough
Dear Editor,
I was surprised to receive the “Pro-Life Champion” card in the mail from Dr. Rob Schaaf. In election fairness, voters should remember that Schaaf was supportive of Amendment 2 on the 2008 ballot. That measure legally protects both adult and embryonic stem cell research in Missouri and prohibits any legislation to stop its funding with our tax dollars! Killing a baby for its embryonic stem cells is nothing but abortion. That is why Schaaf is not being endorsed by Missouri Right to Life. He has said “There are a lot of potential benefits of SCNT. I see this as a religious issue, not a logic or scientific issue.” (Mar. 28, 2007, Jeff City Tribune)
As a homeschooler who introduced Schaaf to my Catholic friends during his first campaign, I feel it is important to set the record straight. My support will be for John DeStefano, who is clear about the value of human life. We need a state senator whose integrity we can count on.
Amendment 2 supporters might think I'm splitting hairs with Dr. Schaaf on life sciences. And I am. I know Who has already counted the hairs on our heads, and we should not fund or allow abortion for any research in Missouri.
Sincerely,
Candise Schmidling

No comments: