Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Recycling Runneth Over

It's not that I'm so "green" as a tree hugger, but I like recycling.  I'd say the nuns were the original recyclers, and I don't like to see anything go to waste either.  Because there is no curb-side service in our city, I have to drive it to the downtown collection center.  I go every second week, which is amazing to me.  How can there be so much trash from one family?  We don't subscribe to the daily newspaper or many magazines, and we mostly bake/eat from scratch.  But there are bottles of wine, oil, and mineral water plus tubs of sour cream, whipped cream, and cottage cheese--Every Week!  There's lots of junk mail and kids' papers which we have already used on both sides.  Yes, I recycle all papers first to my printer tray for printing on the back!  Sr. Mary Agatha would be proud of me.

No comments: