Sunday, July 11, 2010

She's Not My Mother

In a rare swap, Meggar took the twins to Wichita for the Laura Stamm Skating Clinic, and I stayed home alone. A luxury of peace and quiet for me! Meanwhile, Grandma Judy and Grandpa Gerald were spoiling everyone: lunch at the art museum, golfing, and a new release at the theatres. Plus an excellent college hockey player was practically giving private instruction to my boys on the ice. After they returned home, Winger claimed that Meggar was not being a good big sister: "She told us to settle down, and go to bed on time. She was acting like she was my mother!" Hey, I think that's a good thing. She reported that the twins took separate bedrooms (wow) but that Winger went sleep-walking the second night and came in Meggar's room asking, "Where's Ben? I can't find him." (sweet)

No comments: