Saturday, February 11, 2012

Bishop Helmsing Institute

Dorito and I signed up! We took an "Acts of Apostles" class offered through the Bishop Helmsing Institute with an instructor from Benedictine College. It was a great chance to read all 28 chapters during the month-long course and discuss them in greater detail. Since he was the only teen at the last two sessions, I was pleasantly surprised when he volunteered to read a passage--and even more pleased when he offered his own thoughts in summary to the group. (I love the part when St. Paul goes to Athens to preach to the Greeks, as it ties in so well with our ancient history studies through Kolbe Academy.) I was looking over the schedule to see if we could take another class together? It worked so well during the twins' hockey practice for Dorito and I to have time together!

No comments: