Wednesday, May 30, 2012

National Spelling Bee

We watched the first day of the Scripps National Spelling Bee on ESPN3. It was fun to listen to the preliminary round's words/definitions as we went about our morning chores. And we saw our homeschool friend (Maria) who was Speller 226 (Basmati was her first word)-- that was exciting! Can you believe there was also a 6-year-old who qualified?! The word list definitely interested me, so I found it challenging and rewarding just to listen. Back in the day, I was school champion but only County Runner-up. Living near Topeka, my mom took me to Washburn to see my friends who made it to the State Bee. 2012 Semi-finals are Thursday, and the round final round is Thursday night.

1 comment:

Ana Braga-Henebry said...

It was an unforgettable Bee Week!!