Thursday, May 10, 2012

Same Sex Marriage is not Catholic

Same-sex marriage is in the news because of Obama's newly-found support of this "right." Meggar and I had a good discussion about the difference between discrimination against homosexuals because of their orientation, and what is proper for the protection of innocent young people from a homosexual lifestyle. Meanwhile, I saw Nancy Pelosi's comments. She is so arrogant: "My religion has, compels me--and I love it for it--to be against discrimination of any kind in our country, and I consider this a form of discrimination. I think it’s unconstitutional on top of that."
Dorito and I enjoyed this blog response from National Catholic Register:
Remember this is the Pelosi who brought up St. Augustine in her defense of abortion. There's a quote from that great saint that I think she should maybe peruse again:
“If you believe what you like in the Gospel, and reject what you don't like, it is not the Gospel you believe, but yourself.”

Dorito and I are finishing up "Confessions" by St. Augustine for 11th grade homeschool.

No comments: