Saturday, May 12, 2012

Talking about Marriage

The regular speaker was sick, so Ms. Pat called and asked me to come to the Engaged Couples Weekend to give the NFP talk (about sexuality and natural family planning). I don't have a certification, but I have four children and 22 years of experience (both good and bad). The good wins out every time. Captain and I live month-to-month without the health risks of artificial contraception and steroids, and we find more opportunities for meaningful conversation and fun activities outside of the bedroom. Living out the theology of the body in marriage doesn't mean there's total control, but there is LOVE -- and I hope I was able to plant a seed of beauty and hope among these young couples. For Jesus says: "Whoever lives in love, lives in God, and God in them." (1 John 4:16)

No comments: